Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hormonal Dump

Well I feel it coming in waves now, so I am all over the place emotionally. I want to handle this period of time better than I have in the past and so there are a couple of things I am going to do. I am hoping that if I make a game plan than I will at least have something to counteract the chaos.

1. I am going to slow down and say no. My bff told me she was going to tattoo the word NO to my forehead so that when I am weak and have trouble saying no I can just smile and point. She so has my number. I have such a big heart and I want to be there all of the time for everyone in my life. There is no problem with that in theory, but in practicality it is crazy. I have a lot of people in my life, with a huge family all within a 30 mile radius of my home, and my friends to boot. I cannot be all things to all people and no one expects that either. I need to protect my family and myself from overbooking. So I need to be honest with my limitations.

2. I am going to start working out. I have not been able to coordinate that since I had Sweet Pea, because he was so little. Now it is time. Exercise helped me out the last time and I want to get into the groove at the beginning of the blitz, not months into it.

3. I'm gonna watch my sugar intake and portion control. My PCOS is delicate and refined sugars are my weakness. If I have some I crave more...so I need to take it out of my diet again. Case in point. I allowed myself some ice cream and white bread last week for the first time in months and I just had to have more. I ate ice cream three times in four days and was miserable. And Sweet Pea is still affected by dairy so he was miserable too. It is just not worth it.

4. I am going to have grace with myself. I have to go through this hormonal shift, but I don't have to hate me during it. I am going to be irritable. I am going to cry. I am going to be a woman. I can't help that, and really I shouldn't be shameful about my humanity. I am who I am and that means that I am not perfect.

I hope that this will pass soon.

2 comments:

r said...

Buy some hormones

r said...

Buy some hormones, instead