Sunday, June 17, 2007

In the middle of it

So I am surviving...maybe even thriving, in the midst of my hormonal shift. A task I did not think possible. After I wrote my last post I felt like I had my game plan. I have been better about sugar...though not perfect, but cutting back has already made a huge difference. I am saying no beginning this week. We have had lots of family obligations, but now we need the rest.

And the biggest thing that is helping is that I am letting it comes as it comes. I am not trying to be super mom. When I need to whine I call my friend. When I need to cry, I cry. When I am angry, I feel angry. I am feeling okay being vulnerable. And I'm not dealing with depression this time around...which is probably partly because I am feeling what I need to when I need to and not trying to run from it.

The days are hard...I have three kids under the age of 5. It is chaos. It is a wonderful chaos that I am grateful for every day.

No comments: