Monday, July 2, 2007

Just Amazing

I am a woman living with PCOS, a disorder that affects insulin production, ovulation and hormone balance. When I was in my teens it caused me to have several burst cysts, which is a very painful process. It made me have irregular periods and added inches to my waist. During my 20's it caused infertility, huge blood sugar issues and when I eventually got pregnant, made it impossible to avoid Gestational Diabetes with all 3 of my full term pregnancies, and was probably partly to blame for my miscarriage. Now that I am well into my 30's, we will see what it does to me in this fun decade, seeing that I am through my childbearing years.

Anyway, this news is just awesome. Hopefully this will bring much hope and aid to others who are living with PCOS (as well as other issues including cancer as was mentioned in the article) and trying to conceive.

No comments: