Monday, December 3, 2007

Finding a new groove

So... I've had three babies in five years. I've gone from a youth worker to a stay at home mom. I've had change and transition in every single area of my life. In the midst of all of the change, I have found me, but it's tricky because it's also so easy to lose me in all of this if you know what I mean. My soul has been screaming for growth. I need to learn. I need to evolve. I need to cultivate my desire to create.

So I am taking my love of photography to a new level. I'm going to take some classes and I'm joining a correspondence program. I have a new camera... which I love, love, love and I am just trying to get a feel for my new equipment. My kids are abuzz with their own cameras... they are immitating mommy and it is so cute. The creative juices are rising up in my and they are flowing again.

It excites me to do something that is just mine. Sure, I can incorporate my new skills with my mothering, but I am not learning for the mothering. It is something to do, just for growth and it is good. It is awesome to find a new groove.

No comments: