Thursday, January 31, 2008

Don't over think it...

I was sitting in a coffee house this morning reading for my photography courses and another amateur photographer saw my material and struck up a conversation with me. He has taken courses at the local awesome design school that is oh so expensive and non-conducive to my lifestyle with three small kids. We talked shop for a bit and then as we were saying our good-byes he reminded me that it is not the camera, but the eye behind it, that creates art. He went on to say that I need to resist the temptation to over think it... I just need to get out there and take pictures... lots of pictures.

I am constantly fielding all sorts of unhelpful advice, but this little bit of wisdom was actually tremendously helpful. I love how serendipity can smile down on me just when I am least expecting it.

No comments: