Monday, February 11, 2008

Loving the Coupons...

So normally I am a Trader Joe's kind of gal. We do 80% of our shopping there and the prices are amazing for organic, no hormone, cage free foods... not to mention the wonderful liquor and dessert selection. For the other 20% I have left the ranks of the Whole Foods shoppers, because of the cumbersome prices. Just a couple of months ago, I started shopping at Ralph's for the coupons. What prompted the change was purchasing the Entertainment book from my MOPS fundraiser and there was something like $50 of coupons from Ralph's. So I figured, why not give it a shot and see how much I can really save, buying the same sorts of things I would normally buy for my family.

Tonight was Ralph's shopping night... and I spent $77.25, but the fun part was that with all my coupons, and the sale items, I saved $58.79!!! That is just so exhilarating, I gotta say! I am so sold on double couponing! Tomorrow is TJ's shopping day and I'll give you a re-cap of that spending, to give a total for the month for my family of five living in Cali. Stay tuned!

No comments: