Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mama's gonna craft too...

For my mother's morning out today, I spent my time at the local fabric store, picking out fabric, felt, and rope for Sweet Pea's birthday banner. And while I was there, I picked up supplies for banners for Baby J and Boo too. I also saw cute fabric for St. Patty's day and Easter as well... so I picked up supplies for holiday banners as well. I think there just might be a seasonal banner up in our home all year round!

I have been trying to figure out a design for a home made banner ever since Boo was in my tummy... 5 1/2 years ago and it wasn't until I was at Pottery Barn this weekend that I found just the perfect thing. So I am stealing the idea from them... which seems fitting, because as I was walking through the store looking at the spring collection, everything looked alarming familiar to me. They (Pottery Barn) have stolen all of their ideas from the wonderful crafting, sewing, creating women out on the blogosphere. Their stealing seems so bad though, because they stole the idea, mass produced that idea, and they jacked up the prices for that wonderful item. I am merely taking their idea and making it my own... for a fraction of the price.

I'm taking it back... for the handmade community. I can't wait to share my finished project!!!

No comments: