Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Personal Goals

So the speaker at my MOPS this morning shared a bit about having dinner as a family and as she was sharing her journey to getting there without going crazy, she mentioned something that has really been on my heart and mind ever since. She talked about making a decision to have three goals in mind at all times while mothering. She has them down to three concise sentences and she measures everything she is doing based on those three principles.

I know in my mind and heart the type people I would like to raise. I know what I'd like to see in them as far as behavior and discipline. But I am afraid I have not thought it out and carried it to such an concise form where it is in the front of my mind's eye on a daily basis. I'm going to do some heart searching and set my principles down. I think it will help dh and navigate the family ship with more direction. We formed our 3 family goals for 2008 just a couple of weeks ago, and I'm gonna take it to the next level now.

No comments: