Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The thing about letting emotion have air

You notice how you feel even when you don't want to take the time to feel it.

I am much more sensitive to my response to the world right now. The effect this is having on me is different from what I anticipated. As expected I am feeling sadness and loneliness more than before, but stopping to let it be expressed, makes me feel empowered, rather than overwhelmed. I am having more time and energy to devote to matters other than just myself and my own survival.

I've wanted to grow out of my egocentrism for quite some time... never really knowing how to look past myself and my own condition. I had no idea that this process would help me see others better, as I learned to accept myself and my emotions. I guess it takes less energy and self absorption, to feel than to repress!

No comments: