Monday, March 24, 2008

The Family Celebration



IMG_5592.JPG, originally uploaded by poetic mama.
We did not attend church this easter. It is the first time I have not sat in a church service on Easter Sunday... since about my third year of life, and I am so glad I made that choice. You see, we are thoroughly enjoying our new church community...yet our regular service at this large church was going to meet at the early hour of 6:30 AM and I could not even muster up enough courage to get our family of five ready and out the door to enjoy the sunrise service at the park. I just couldn't do it. I also couldn't stomach the idea of attending one of the other services at our new mega style church. We would have had to meet in a shopping parking lot and be shuttled into one of the several services...and I could not do it. Nope, couldn't do it...it just felt so wrong.

Which left me with a couple of alternatives... and given my remaining choices, I opted to celebrate the day with my family at home. It was a worshipful and organic setting. We had time to read to the kids and share about the story that is so dear to our hearts. We had less stress and more time to just be.

None the less, next year I hope our family will be abbe to meet up with the gang at the park on the hill. But for this year we went for the good enough.

And do you know what...the holiday came just the same... a humble reminder of where I fit in the big picture of the story of our living God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture!!! Looks like is should be in a magazine.
Mom