Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thoughts- Simple vs. Easy

I am going to start a little Thursday tradition on this little blog of mine, because I can. Every Thursday I am going to post about how the simple life is not always the easy life. I am always struggling with these two phrases and trying to find a way to balance these two important realities for my life.

It is a life goal of mine that my life become simple. I want my relational style to be honest and congruent. I want my waste to be minimal. I want my family life to be about the simple things... love, fun, nurture. I want a smaller home, a smaller eco footprint, and smaller stake in the consumerist race. I want to produce less waste and more awareness.

Saying all of this though, here is the truth of the reality of this season in my life: I often need things to be easy. I have lots of care to deal with and I can't make things more complicated in the process of trying to make things simple. So there is a constant tension inherent in the mix of what my goals are and what my reality is.

Thus the birth of a new Thursday conversation. So pull up a chair and grab a cup of joe and join me in this new conversation.

3 comments:

this girl i know... said...

i missed the memo...
the_ changed to - and i missed your blog for ages. F%@k

this girl i know... said...

i will do my best to participate...
here's a topic " MEN " simple AND easy in all senses of the word. or not so much! LOL

poetic mama said...

Ah yes... dealing with someone from the opposite sex can be simple and easy or neither all at once! =0