Monday, July 14, 2008

Finally some calm

Last week was a very emotional week. Most of the medical issues are starting to resolve themselves, but there is great loss too. There is also some mystery mixed in there. Though I don't want to go into great detail, out of respect for those involved, I want to share a little bit.

My mother is having some health issues and though she was hospitalized for testing, we still don't know exactly what is going on. At least we've ruled out some of the scary possibilities, but she's still not well and we don't have anything concrete yet. Everyone in my family is so accustomed to my mother being the healthy one, so it was hard to see her in need. Every child needs to see their momma safe and healthy, and I am no different. We can be three or thirty three and that truth resonates. I am grateful that she is getting great care, and I hope we can find some clues to the mystery this week at her next appointment.

On a good note... this little guy is home from a stay in the NICU... and isn't he just one of the most adorable little ones you have ever seen...




In the end, I am reminded, yet again, that life is fragile and we control very little. I am implored to stay connected to those I love in meaningful ways. I am reminded to be grateful for the wonderful things of this life and to grieve the sorrowful things as well.

3 comments:

glendagirl said...

Hi followed your link from C'n moms and wanted to tell you your blog is beautiful.

joyous melancholy said...

Now that's a fine looking little baby. I love that one of him in the suitcase, with his eyes open. Never underestimate the power of a skilled photographer combined with great subject matter. ;-)

At Home Redesigns said...

Cute baby. Beautiful photo!