Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sometimes I feel like an alien

In my own culture that is. How did we get to this place of mostly hollow living? How did we collectively decide that mediocre was good enough. Mediocre living, mediocre maturity, mediocre relating, mediocre producing. I feel so foreign on the streets of LA sometimes. I want to have excellence around me... not the mirage of excellence. I want to pass a legacy of excellence and achievement to my children and my children's children. I want to feel every emotion that is given to me and I want to feel it intensely.

In recent years I have moved away from what my culture says is the path to the brass ring, and in doing so, I actually feel like I am finally feeling just the tip of the ice berg in regards to the type of life I can have, if I really reach for the abundant life. True abundance is not about the American dream, and all of the *stuff* that goes with it. True abundance is about taking each breath to it's most maximum potential. Oh how I hope I can be a part of helping our community shift back towards a more wholesome living.

1 comment:

Ash said...

Trying to fight the tide is a big undertaking, isn't it? I'm always thankful for the people around me who are willing to do it. <3