Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Learning How To Keep It Simple

Our family is in a place of slowing things way down and getting back to the basics. Kids have a wonderful way of pushing a whole family system towards a more honest living. And I just love that. Right now we are are learning how to say...

I feel angry...


I feel sad...


I feel silly...


I feel happy...


So many of us lose the ability to identify how we are feeling in the moment. For me it was almost like I lost that with my childhood... like I was conditioned out of being able to hear my own voice of experience. I have finally re-learned how to quickly check in with myself and know how I am feeling. Now I'm on to the task of being gentle with however I actually am feeling and learning how to express my emotion appropriately and simply.

Hopefully, I can help protect that simplicity for my children... that as they have to let go of their childhood, they will not have to let go of themselves too.

(Thanks Baby J for your great modeling work... you are awesome!)

No comments: