Monday, August 13, 2012

List of things I am not so proud of....

... I struggle with pride...every single day...
... I have a quick temper...
... I judge others without even noticing I'm being unkind sometimes...
... I think I am the center of the universe too much of my day...
... I struggle with being honest with my weaknesses...
... I sometimes think I can do God better than God can...

... And yet this list of truths can either be shame or it can be opportunity.  If I hold on to my weaknesses too tight and do not allow myself to deeply connect with others then the list becomes my shame walk.  But if I choose to see it straight on and release myself to live within the truth that through my weakness a living God can rush in with grace and mercy, then the list becomes an account of transformation in present day time.

Today I choose the second choice.  I hope you can find a way to join me in choosing grace too.

No comments: