Friday, May 17, 2013

How Do I Tell Them I Have No Internal Monologue...


This has been a bit of a hectic week for me so the new groove I have found on this blog has been a bit disrupted.  In truth though, I can't do static very well on this blog, so it was bound to happen!

So today I bring you my rambling internal monologue:

I have the most awesome kids... love who they are becoming...

I love our family tradition of going to Disneyland on Mother's Day...

I love Disneyland, which is so counter to my personality, and I rail on Disney hard about their cultural influence, but I love most everything about the land...

My kids are awesome and I love hanging out with them... we are going to start blogging our way through the Hidden Mickey's in Dland... and it was their idea....

We bought a book and the kids dreamed up this gig over dinner last week and they reminded me about their old picture blog I did for out of state family...who didn't really do the blog thing back then...I'm ahead of my time...That's how I roll...What was I saying?!?

...Oh yeah, so I had this blog years ago that I used to post on about the kids, and it used to have wonky privacy settings, so I fixed that, and will use it to document our scavenger hunt...eventually.  The people are coming and the land gets scary and hot in the summer, so our trips will be less frequent...

Here is the link to that blog, there are some awesome moments from way back...
http://nothing-but-joy.blogspot.com

My kids are awesome... and sometimes I love to take a break from their awesomeness...

I'm going away this weekend for my bi-annual scrapbooking retreat with the most awesome woman in the world...  We go to the same hotel less than 20 miles from our houses and we eat lots of sugar...scrap our hearts out and process our crazy amazing lives....

We have a routine...she gets the loft bedroom and bathroom all to herself...I get the downstairs bedroom/ bath all to myself...a major luxury to moms with kids!
We move the entire living room around to fit our needs and we do it the same way every time...
...I've been told she is my hetero-life mate...
...I think that's accurate...

...see now aren't you glad you don't live inside my head?  I'd rather be John Malkovich some days...just saying.

1 comment:

gefilte said...

Forgive me if I lay the cheese on too think, but your friend will have to be second-most awesome woman in the world. You can't just hand over your title that easily...