Thursday, June 27, 2013

And I'm Proud To Be An American


So glad to see democracy working even in this age when we are experiencing a national stint with a personality disorder.  Some decisions were made, some laws were written, then passed, then debated, then filibustered by the legislature and then by citizens, then adopted or vetoed, then sometimes voted on in general or special elections.  Some laws made their way to the court system and eventually found their way to the Supreme Court for review.  Some have been upheld, some have been struck down.  Some people are happy, some people are up in arms and all is as it was intended to be.  In the end, we get to do this wonderful, remarkable thing all over again tomorrow because of countless sacrifices by men and women that have gone before us and those walking alongside us even unto today.  In the middle of the chaos, I am grateful.  I am not always happy with the outcome even as I sometimes feel quite full of glee,  but I am always grateful for the ability to pursue my liberty and to walk side by side with my fellow country folk as they pursue theirs...even when we don't agree.

No comments: