Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Spirit Captured


So as you might have guessed, we went to Legoland last week as a part of our annual vacation to the San Diego area.  It has been quite a while since our family has visited this park... in fact this post documented our last visit.  I am still most definitely in the middle of editing pictures from that day, but while I was editing, I saw this picture...



I was immediately struck by the memory of this picture from our last visit...



Many years have past and my sweet girl is growing up.  One thing that hasn't changed is her essence of joy and her spirit of adventure.  I love when my camera catches a glimpse of her soul like this... and even more so when it happens over the span of several years.  May life circumstance never squelch this sweet spirit!



If you have ever wondered why I spend so much of my resources on photography, scrapbooking, and blogging...this right here is exactly why I do, what I do.   I am a type A, task oriented woman and this helps me stay present and see the little gifts of life as they unfold.  It also helps me stay close to the narrative of my life and the narratives of my wee ones as they are being written.

No comments: