Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of School- You Know...*ish*

School for my younger kids started today.  My oldest son starts on Friday.  I am not a patient woman.  I'm also not a go-with-the-flow kind of mom and every year, the morning of photo shoot for the first day of school is a tad traumatic for us all.  I have ideas in my head as to how I want the pictures to look and I do not have the patience to deal with all of the anxieties that go along with the first day.  Really it just cramps my creative style...not that it should be about me, but then every year I have done  it poorly and I intensify an already anxious and exciting morning.  

So with that in mind, this year I tried something different, and I am so glad I did.  We staged the first day of school on our last official day of summer.  Coordinated outfits and all so they match the real first day pictures.  I have always been high maintenance when it comes to capturing these sorts of things, but now there is Pinterest and so I feel a need to be honest with everyone, because us moms are feeling the pressure to do perfect pictures, on top of perfect lunches, perfect snacks, and perfect treats.  And it is unnecessary...and frankly unhealthy for our families.

I faked it so I could capture my kids in a relaxed state and by doing so, it let their personalities shine.  I am so happy with this year's pictures and more importantly this year's experience of capturing this special time for my kids.  

Such a Bubbas look!


My sweet kinder boy!

This is my girl...

I cannot believe she is a 3rd grader!

5th Grade man...such a handsome guy!

Hilarious!

This is so fake...she is so excited to be starting school!

He cracks me up...


He always has the best expressions...
this totally captures his humor!

No comments: