Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hold it Close...


As welcoming as I am towards ushering in some cooler weather and having more down time in a quiet home during the day, I am really struggling to let go of the carefree summer.  I love being with my kids.  I love being with my kids without the daily grind of homework, activities, and responsibility.  I want the carefree to last just a little bit longer.  And so, I find myself in a bit of a "I don't wanna put my big girl panties back on again" funk this week.  You know the one where...

... I'm struggling through organizing this fall routine and doing it awkwardly...

so then...

... the kids are getting used to this new routine as it falls into place and feeling uncomfortable too....

so...

... I'm facing lots of questions about what power is and is this how you use power in your life from said kids...

so...

... I'm am more emotionally taxed and drained because I have to hold the line more repetitively.... AKA “Ogre Princess Momma”

and...

... the kids are disappointed that good choices are still expected even in the midst of transition...AKA “More time-outs and consequences than usual.”

so...

... the carefree summer feels like it was so long ago.  Soon we will be settled and find the joy in autumn, but for now I will clutch the great memories from this past summer and say... Grace Be.


No comments: