Monday, December 30, 2013

Transcendance Movement Three- My God Man

question-the bridge from despair to hope

My God Man

I grew up learning of your gentle heart
your care for the lost and broken.
I dreamt of the time when we would meet-
my mind always believed the sunday school image.
You would scoop me into your arms
caressing my tear stained heart.

My adolescent heart saw a distant powerful man
capable of miracles and taking away my sins.
Somewhere I tried to believe that was for me too-
but the sins of others trapped me under my own.
In all that though I clung to a child-like hope
that you would someday come to rescue me.

Into my “adulthood” I shed any sense of faith
too many years of abuse squashed out innocence.
Filled with volumes of rage and pain-
I turned them on you my God man.
You never came to take the shame away
so I began my search for a better hiding place.

I searched and searched until I fell exhausted to my knees
to the place where I could lift my eyes to your heart.
In a moment I offered a silent prayer-
can you shed the God man suit my heart wrapped you in?
Reveal the compassion and love in which you came to bring

and help me see living deity.

No comments: