Wednesday, January 6, 2016

You are Eleven today...


11 years little miss!  You are such a joy and so full of life.  My heart and soul are filled with gratitude because I get to parent you!  I have been known to continually comment about how from the moment you came into this world, you have been a ray of sunshine.  This is still true even in your pre-teen years.  Yes, the tweener years have had some ups and downs, yet I watch you navigating them in such way as to not diminish the light you have been gifted with.  I love who you are and who you are becoming!

Here are a few highlights from this past year… 

You have fallen in love with playing the violin.  I expect you to be begging this coming  year to learn to play the piano and the flute.  I love listening to you practice because it seems to be something you were meant to do!

You are still a swimmer and you love your pre-comp team!  Still working on your gymnastics and you’ve accomplished a goal you set for yourself over a year ago.  I have loved watching you grow in your determination especially as you’ve faced challenges.

You love your friends!  You are a pre-teen girl…nuff said.  You will hang out with anyone, and you choose your closer friends wisely.

You love playing board games, and some video games.

You still love science and you have grown to love reading.  You shared a great book with me last year- Wonder.  I can’t wait to share some of my favorite books with you this coming year.  Yes, this is the year I will allow you to read a couple of series you have been begging to read.

I have no words of advice for you this year…just keep on keeping on.  You are heading in the right direction my love.  And remember this…I’ve got you.  I am right here when you need me and I am learning to step back and let you have room to grow.  Thanks for being my daughter!

Here are some candid pics from last year:













No comments: